- Students have two registration options: online registration and postal mail registration. To register your child online, go to the College Board website. To register your child by mail, your child must get an SAT Paper Registration Guide from the college guidance office at his or her school.
- When registering online, registration fees must be paid via credit card. If you prefer to write a check, your child must register by postal mail.
- Regular registration deadlines are typically about three to four weeks before a test date. Late registration deadlines are typically about two to three weeks before a test date. Visit our SAT Test Dates page to view the regular and late registration deadlines for specific test dates.
- The basic SAT registration fee is $49. The late registration fee is an additional $26. Visit our SAT Registration Fees page for more fee information. If you cannot afford to pay the SAT registration fee, your child may be eligible for a fee waiver. Visit the College Board website to find out more about fee waiver eligibility.
- Did you miss the regular SAT registration deadline? Find out about SAT late registration.
StudyPoint is a national leader in one-to-one, in-home test prep and academic tutoring. The test-taking techniques and strategies taught in our SAT tutoring and ACT tutoring programs enable students to earn higher test scores and gain admissions to competitive colleges and universities. Our expert subject tutors and personalized lesson plans help students earn better grades and become happier, more confident students. Whether you’re looking for a math tutor or any other type of academic tutoring, StudyPoint can help. To learn about tutoring programs in your area, feel free to contact us for more information.